Welcome to Bowls Saskatchewan
Thank you for your interest in our GREAT SPORT!
For the TIME of your LIFE,
For the REST of your LIFE.....BOWLS!
Please check out the rest of our site, you may become hooked on BOWLS...
Already hooked? Find a club near you right now
Like us on Facebook
May 24 -2017 Team Coach -Applications are currently being received from any Bowls Sask members wishing to be considered for team coach for:
-Junior Canadian Championships being held in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia on July 31 – August 6 Deadline for application is July 10, 2017 for Junior Championships
-Canadian Championships being held in Victoria, British Columbia on August 13-19 Deadline for application is June 28, 2017 for Canadian Championships
Applicants will be selected with consideration being given to those who are certified or trained NCCP coaches with previous experience at a Canadian Championship. Trip expenses will be paid according to Bowls Sask policies and practices.
Partial duties list (full list is available from Bowls Sask):
· Attend the Team Managers meeting
· Be familiar with the current “Conditions of Play” and tie breaker format as disseminated by Bowls Canada Boulingrin
· Be familiar with the “Code of Conduct” that each of the Saskatchewan players is required to sign prior to participation
· Call a team meeting to disseminate the information and material coming from the Team managers meeting
· Ensure all players have their bowls and shoes inspected
· Check to ensure teams are aware of where they are supposed to be
· Discuss with each team, prior to play, what they feel comfortable with regarding input from the team manager
· Maintain up to date stats on event, so all players are aware of where they stand, and/or what they have to do
· Should a medical emergency arise, take responsibility for obtaining the necessary transportation of the player for treatment and accompany them if necessary
· Ensure players know travel schedule to the venues
· Be at the venue at all times and be prepared to assist player as requested
· Observe all players and give them encouragement as required and coach them when appropriate
· Provide a summary on the event including to Bowls Sask with recommendations, suggestions on ways to improve
To apply, e-mail Bowls Sask Office firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter outlining:
- Your qualifications (i.e., current coaching level and RiS certification, past experience with Bowls as a coach and or player, etc)
- Which event you are applying for.
May 24 - Sask well represented at Multi-nations International Bowls Series, Broadbeach, Australia, June 4 - 7, 2017
Good luck to Jordan Kos and Michael Pituley joining Team Canada and competing in Australia!
Jean and Keith Roney will also be a part of Team Canada as support staff
May 3 - Bowls Canada Boulingrin (BCB) is pleased to announce the launch of the National Bowls Day webpage. This is a dedicated section on the Bowls Canada Boulingrin website where clubs can register their National Bowls Day events, see what lawn bowling related activities are happening in their community, and access information on the ParticipACTION 150 Play List. http://www.bowlscanada.com/en/national_bowls_day/national_day.html
April 25 -remember - deadline to register for the Athlete Development Clinics is May 29th. Two locations, two different dates. To register contact the Bowls Saskatchewan office: email@example.com 306-780-9426
√Nutana Lawn Bowling Club - Sunday, June 4th 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
√Regina Lawn Bowling Club - Saturday, June 3rd 9:30 am – noon
Following the Regina Clinic the Club will host the National Bowls Day
(Lawn Bowling is #50 on the ParticipACTION 150 Playlist)
Why should you attend?
Because you will have fun and learn winning techniques, skills, tactics, confidence and the mental game and its FREE!!
All entrants must be members in good standing with Bowls Sask
Non-Saskatoon/Regina participants will receive a travel subsidy
Bring your own lunch