201 5 Archived News
- December 28 - Sport Medicine Council has released their December newsletter
December 23- 2016 Sask Calendar & Age for Senior TriplesThe 2016 Saskatchewan Playdown Schedule is now available.. Thank you to the Sport for All Committe for their work on schedule. http://www.bowls.sk.ca/index.php/calendar-of-eventsAdditionally the Bowls Canada Board passed the following motion regarding the age for Senior Triples: “In recognition of the pending comprehensive Competition Review to be conducted over the next two years, the age restriction of 65 and over, in the year of competition, for the Senior Triples, be rescinded... until such review in completed”, will stand. This means that for 2016 and 2017 the age will go back to 60. November 9- Saskatchewan Lawn Bowlers heading down under
Regina Lawn Bowlers will be representing Team Canada in two separate events.
Jean Roney will be attending the World Singles Champion of Champions in Queensland, Australia, November 16-22, 2015. 25 Countries will be completing to be the best in the world!
Harriette Pituley will be attending the Asia Pacific Championships in Christchurch, New Zealand, November 24 – December 6, 2015. Harriette will be competing in the Women’s Triples and Fours. The Asia Pacific Championship is the qualifier for the 2016 World Championships.
- November 3 - The Sask First Committee would like your input on two programs they are currently running; Sask First Athletes Assistance and the Tri-Province Challenge.
This survey will only take you a couple of minutes to complete. It will be confidential; your name is not required on the survey.
Here is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F6DMQPCPlease note: This survey will close on November 16th.
- November 3 -OCTOBER 2015 EXTRA ENDS!
It was an action packed summer for Bowls Canada! Six Championships took place during the summer months and many new champions were crowned.
This summer marks one of the most successful championship seasons with strong play across the board. We saw moments of excitement, moments of disappointment but overall we saw endless moments of sportsmanship. We are proud of all our athletes, coaches and supporters and wish good luck to everyone moving on to repr...esent Canada against the world!
Highlights in the issue:
2015 Canadian Champions listed Youth Development Squad Ask An Umpire AGM update Perfect End winners http://bowlscanada.com/…/newslett…/ExtraEnds_October2015.pdf
- October 28 - Good luck to Doug Lambert, he will be representing Team Sask at the National Indoor Singles Championships on November 1 - 7 in B.C. http://www.bowlscanada.com/…/champion…/2015champ_indoor.html
- October 9 - Congratulations to Harriette Pituley, named Sask Sport Athlete of the month.
Sask Sport Inc. Announces the September Athlete of the Month Award Recipient
Harriette Pituley of Regina is the recipient of the Sask Sport Inc. September Athlete of the Month Award. She was nominated by Bowls Saskatchewan.
She won a gold medal at the 2015 Canadian Singles Lawn Bowling Championships on Sept. 5-10 in Winnipeg. Thanks to the victory, Pituley earned the opportunity to represent Canada at the 2016 World Champion of Champions Tournament in Queensland, Australia.
Pituley will also be competing with Team Canada at the 2015 Asia Pacific Championships on Nov. 23 – Dec. 6 in Christchurch, New Zealand. Team Canada is comprised of five men and five women from across the country.
For more information, contact Pat Rediger at 780-9307 or email email@example.com.
For information regarding the Athlete of the Month Awards program, including previous nominees and recipients, visit www.sasksport.sk.ca/awards.php
September 24 -Limited Time Offer - Bowls Canada Kukri Online Store Back by Popular Demand Bowls Canada Boulingrin is excited to open the Kukri online store for exclusive bowls merchandise. The online store will be open until October 12, 2015 with orders arriving in early November.The store features T-shirts, hats, hoodies, jackets and the popular “Technical Polo”, a collared shirt made of a light performance material. We are also pleased to announce that we now offer a white baseball cap option. There is something for everyone to enjoy! Show off your bowls pride with some official Bowls Canada swag.Act fast! The store is open for a limited time and you don’t want to miss out on getting some great Bowls Canada Boulingrin gear!https://bowlscanadaonlineshop.itemorder.com/sale
September 22 - The first-ever National Coaches Week kicked off this past Saturday and is running until Sunday, September 27th. National Coaches Week will celebrate the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada. Recognize your own coach by saying #ThanksCoach
September 21 - 2015 Canadian Mixed Pairs Championship - Congratulations to Keith and Jean Roney who won the gold medal.
September 17 - Good Luck to Keith and Jean Roney, competing at Mixed Pairs, September 14th -19th, 2015, Fredericton Lawn Bowling Club http://www.bowlscanada.com/…/champions…/2015champ_mixed.html
- September 17 - Grassroots results and pictures on the: Grassroots link
2015 GRASSROOTS TOURNAMENT MIXED TRIPLES & MIXED PAIRS
Regina Lawn Bowling Club September 12-13 (10:00 am Registration on Sept 12)
The purpose of this tournament is to introduce new bowlers and non-competitive bowlers to competition in a social environment
- September 10 -2015 Singles Championships, September 5th to 10th, 2015, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Congratulations to Harriette Pituley (SK) who won the Gold Medal, Mary Wright (BC) who won the Silver Medal, Amanda Berg (AB) who won the Bronze Medal.
September 3- Good Luck to all the Saskatchewan athletes attending the 2015 Singles Championships, September 5th to 10th, 2015 in Winnipeg:
September 1- Bowl Sask Fall Tournament Mayfair Lawn Bowling Club August 29-30, 2015
Ladies Pairs Gold: Isobel Parkin, Erin Higgins Silver: Lorraine Layton, Sydney Boyd Bronze: Marj Isaak, Bev Coutts Men’s Pairs Gold: Charlie Taylor, Jordan Gailey Silver: Herb Hunter, Bud Mowery, Albert Miller Bronze: Ivan Layton, Mason Boyd Mixed Triples Gold: Charlie Taylor, Jordan Gailey, Arlene Chermishnok Silver: Hilda Voth, Marcel D’Eon, Jocelyn D’Eon Bronze: Jone Sande, Mason Boyd, Ivan Layton
August 26 - Good Luck to Team Sask competing in The 2015 Senior Triples Championships, August 27th –Sept 2nd, 2015 in Richmond, B.C. Results can be found at: http://www.bowlscanada.com/…/champion…/2015champ_senior.html
Janice Robson Lorraine Schneider. Jean Temple
Doug Normand Ralph Van Iderstine Wayne Slinn
- August 25 - Saskatchewan wins gold at the 2015 Lawn Bowling Canadian Championships
On Saturday, August 22, 2015 in North York, Ontario, the Men’s Fours of Jon Pituley (Regina), Alex Scott (Saskatoon), Michael Pituley (Regina) and Grant Wilkie (Saskatoon) won the National Championships and are now invited to attend the 2016 Tiger Bowls and China Open tournament as the Canadian Champions. Front end player Grant Wilkie is also this year’s Under-25 Champion and will be representing Canada at the 2016 World Junior Championships.
In the Women’s Pairs, the Ontario team won the gold over Saskatchewan Jean Roney (Regina) who was teamed up with 15 year-old 2015 Junior Champion Jordan Kos (Regina).
In the bronze medal game in the Men’s Triples, the BC team defeated the Saskatchewan team of Keith Roney (Regina) and Brandon and Carter Watson (Regina).
- August 20 - Reminder - Bowls Saskatchewan Tournament deadline is August 21!
2015 BOWLS SASK TOURNAMENT
MEN’S & WOMEN’S PAIRS... MIXED OR MATCHED TRIPLES August 29-30 Mayfair Lawn Bowling Club
The purpose of this tournament is to introduce newer bowlers to competition with the leadership of experienced bowlers.
Registration Deadline: August 21 Entry Fee: $10 per person/per event Travel allowance of $50 per player per event for out of town bowlers (If travel is less than 100 km, the allowance is $25)
All entrants must be members in good standing with Bowls Sask. Only one member of a team may be a funded Sask First athlete or a provincial playdown gold medalist in the current or previous years, or a national team member.
To register contact the Bowls Saskatchewan office firstname.lastname@example.org phone (306)780-9426 fax (306)781-6021
- August 13 - Good Luck Team Sask heading to Toronto for the 2015 Canadian Lawn Bowling Championships, August 16-22. http://www.bowlscanada.com/…/champi…/2015champ_canadian.html
Fours Men Scott, Alex Wilkie, Grant Pituley, Jon Pituley, Michael
Fours Women Pituley, Harriette Robson, Janice Scott, Fran Larson, Rachael
Pairs Women Roney, Jean Kos, Jordan
Pairs Men Sutyla, Mark Pituley, Murray
Triples Men Roney, Keith Watson, Carter Watson, Brandon
Triples Women McPherson, Vi Urquhart, Jo Kushnier, Margaret
2nd Triples - Men Propp, Doug Meid, Ernie Laurence, Gary
2nd Fours - Women Grant, Clem Jones, Carolyn Schneider, Lorraine McLelland, Eileen
- August 11 - due to their performance at the Junior and U25 Championships our Sask athletes, Jordan Kos, Grant Wilkie, Michael Pituley and Sydney Boyd were named to the Bowls Canada National Development team for one term.
- August 11 - fantastic results for Saskatchewan athletes at the Junior and U25 Championships. Congratulations to all the competitors! Junior: Gold Jordan Kos U25: Gold Grant Wilkie fourth Michael Pituley Silver Sydney Boyd
- August 5- Congratulations Harritte Pituley!
Bowls Canada Announces Team Canada for 2015 Asia Pacific Championships
Ottawa, Ontario | August 4, 2015
Bowls Canada Boulingrin is proud to announce the athletes who will make up Team Canada at the 2015 Asia Pacific Championships in Christchurch, New Zealand from November 23 to December 6. Team Canada will comprise of 5 men and 5 women, and will be competing in all disciplines including singles, pairs, triples and fours. The team will be bringing a wealth of knowledge and skill to the table in what promises to be an extraordinary competition. Burnside Bowls and Papanui Bowls clubs in Christchurch are hosting the event, which is the qualifier for 2016 World Bowls Championships. Bowlers finishing in the top eight in each discipline will qualify for the championship.Team Canada will be comprised of the following athletes:
- Steve McKerihen – Toronto, Ontario
- Ryan Bester – Hanover, Ontario
- Alfred Wallace – Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Pat Bird – Calgary, Alberta
- Steven Santana – North Vancouver, British Columbia
- Jackie Foster – Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
- Kelly McKerihen – Toronto, Ontario
- Harriette Pituley – Regina, Saskatchewan
- Shirley Fitzpatrick-Wong – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Leanne Chinery – Victoria, British Columbia
August 5 -SCOTT LARSON THE STARPHOENIX Regina lawn bowler Jordan Kos is competing at the junior nationals in Saskatoon. Regina teen has right touch on the green
SASKATOON — Jordan Kos may have fell into lawn bowling by chance, but the 15-year-old Reginan is making the most of her time on the greens.
Kos won her opening matches Tuesday at the 2015 Canadian junior championships taking place at the Nutana Lawn Bowling Club, downing B.C.’s Emma Boyd 21-11 and Ontario’s Chris Burke 21-1.
She is to play three more round robin matches Wednesday with the top four players moving on to medal play Thursday.
Kos became involved in the sport at age seven by accident when an advertisement looking for young lawn bowlers was placed in her school newspaper.
“My mom saw the ad and thought they had made a mistake because we thought it was an old person’s sport,” she said. “So she phoned (the junior co-ordinator) and told him he had made a mistake.
“He said, ‘No, I did it for a reason and want you to come down (and try the sport).’ So my mom brought me and two of my cousins (Brandon and Carter Watson, who are also competing this week). We threw a couple of bowls. I was hooked and I think they were too.”
Kos likes the fact lawn bowling is not like most other sports.
“I think it is a cool sport,” she said. “It is a lot different than (sports) like softball or soccer.
And there is the chance to travel, she said.
“This is my fifth junior nationals and I have been to Montreal, Kelowna, Fredericton (N.B.), Etobicoke (Ont.), and now this one in Saskatoon,” Kos said, adding she has also been to Hong Kong to bowl. Kos is the current provincial girls junior champion and the provincial women’s pairs champions with veteran Jean Roney.
And Kos is motivated to add a national title to her resume after falling just short last year in the national junior girls gold-medal final to B.C.’s Pricilla Westlake, who will be competing in the under-25 national event later this week in Saskatoon.
“I am really trying hard to get the gold this year,” Kos said.
Once this week is over the Grade 10 Luther College High School student will head to Toronto for the women’s pairs nationals with Roney in a couple of weeks.
And with each new success, Kos’s aspirations run higher.
“I want to go the Asia Pacific Championships, World Bowls and the Commonwealth Games,” she said. “And if lawn bowling ever gets into the Olympics, I want to go to them too.”
- August 4 - Congats Team Toba!! Tri-Province Challenge August 1-3, 2015 - results: 1. Team Manitoba 2. Team Alberta 3. Team Sask
- July 30 - Here is the Player List for the Under 25 Championships (August 9-10) Good luck to the Saskatchewan participants! More info: http://www.bowlscanada.com/…/201…/2015U25_championships.html
Player List (Under 25) Women - Jaymee Sidel British Columbia, Pricilla Westlake British Columbia, Stirling Wood Ontario, Sydney Boyd Saskatchewan
Men - Florian Winkler Alberta, Nathan Jacobucci Manitoba, John Siteman Nova Scotia, Lucas Caldwell Ontario, Alex LeBlanc Ontario, Jordan Gailey Saskatchewan, Michael Pituley Saskatchewan, Brandon Watson Saskatchewan, Grant Wilkie Saskatchewan
- July 30- Junior Nationals, August 3-10 - Here is the player list for juniors (good luck Team Sask!) Playdown info can be found at: http://www.bowlscanada.com/…/ch…/2015_Junior/2015Junior.html
Player List (Junior)... Women - Emma Boyd British Columbia, Chris Burke Ontario, Nicole LeBlanc Ontario, Baylee Van Steijn Ontario, Sydney Boyd Saskatchewan, Jordan Kos Saskatchewan
Men - Brad Roden Alberta, Jude MacNair British Columbia, Nathan Jacobucci Manitoba, Rob Law Manitoba, Braeden Campbell Nova Scotia, John Siteman Nova Scotia, Owen Kirby Ontario, Ben Van Steijn Ontario, Mason Boyd Saskatchewan, Carter Watson Saskatchewan
- July 30- Joseph Chan has produced a new video for the Junior and U25 Championship... The Count Down Begins! 2015 Juniors & Under 25 Championships, August 3rd-10th, 2015 at Mayfair Lawn Bowling Club in Saskatoon.
- July 29 - Tri-Province Challenge, taking place this weekend. Welcome to the Manitoba and Alberta Teams!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS, August 1-3 ... Saturday 8:00 a.m. Welcoming Ceremonies 8:30 a.m. Draw 1 MEN’S & WOMEN’S PAIRS 11:00 a.m. Draw 2 MEN’S & WOMEN’S PAIRS 1:00 p.m. Lunch 2:00 p.m. Draw 3 MEN’S & WOMEN’S FOURS 4:30 p.m. Draw 4 MEN’S & WOMEN’S FOURS 7:00 p.m. Clubhouse BBQ
Sunday 8:30 a.m. Draw 5 MEN’S & WOMEN’S TRIPLES MEN’S & WOMEN’S SINGLES 11:00 a.m. Draw 6 MEN’S & WOMEN’S TRIPLES MEN’S & WOMEN’S SINGLES 1:00 p.m. Lunch 2:00 p.m. Draw 7 MEN’S & WOMEN’S FOURS 4:30 p.m. Draw 8 MEN’S & WOMEN’S FOURS
Monday 8:30 a.m. Draw 9 MIXED PAIRS 11:00 a.m. Draw 10 MIXED PAIRS 1:00 p.m. Lunch and Presentations
- July 27 - Results Mixed Pairs: Gold - Keith Roney, Jean Roney Silver - Ernie Meid, Jordan Kos Bronze: Bud Mowery, Clem Grant
July 21 - Mixed Pairs, July 24-26 at Nutana Lawn Bowling club, draw in pdf file: draw
July 16 - Congratulations to the Senior Triples Winners: Janice Robson, Lorraine Schnieder, Jean Temple. (anyone have a photo?) Doug Normand , Ralph Van Iderstine, Wayne Slinn
July 15 - thinking about attending the 2015 Canadian Singles Championships on September 5-10 in Winnipeg? It is an open event open event and participants can send their forms and payment directly to Bowls Canada.
•Entry form with a deadline of Aug 7, cost $100: http://www.bowlscanada.com/downloads/2015SinglesChamp/2015_Singles_Championship.pdf•participant agreement form: http://www.bowlscanada.com/downloads/2015SinglesChamp/2015_BCB%20Participant%20Event%20Agreement.pdf•service requests: are not available•Host hotel info: Humphry Inn & Suites - Downtown Winnipeg 260 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 1A9 The web site is www.humphryinn.com Contact numbers are: Phone: 204-942-4222 Toll Free: 1-877-486-7479 Email: Reservations@Humphryinn.com When making your reservation, quote group # 082265 or 2015 Canadian Singles Championship. Rates: King Standard or Double Queens---$115 (single or double occupancy) plus taxes $10 extra for additional occupants.
- July 14 - July edition of Extra Ends is now available. http://www.bowlscanada.com/downloads/newsletter/ExtraEndsJuly_EN.pdf
July 14 - Congratulations to Singles Winners: Men's Singles gold- Keith Roney silver - Garth Zummack bronze - Joseph Chan Women's Singles gold- Harriette Pituley silver - Jean Roney bronze - Vi McPherson Men's Indoor Singles gold - Wayne Slinn silver - Doug Lambert
July 8 - Important information for next year's Senior Triples!
From Bowls Canada Consolidated Conditions of Play 2015
184.108.40.206 . Players must have reached their 60th birthday in the year of the event. In 2016 this age limit will be raised to must reach 65th birthday in the year of the event. [4/15]
- July 7 - draw for the Women's singles (there will be no indoor Women's single playdowns) being held at the Regina Lawn Bowling Club, July 10-12, 2015
-Draw for the Men's singles and draw for Men's Indoor Singles
- July 7 - draw for the Men's Triples and Women's Triples being held at the Regina Lawn Bowling Club, July 14-15, 201
- July 6- Congratulations to Jordan Kos and Carter Watson on their win at Junior Provincial's. Played at Mayfair, July 4-5, 2015. Ladies: 1. Jordan Kos 2. Sydney Boyd Men 1. Carter Watson 2. Mason Boyd
Volunteers are needed for the 2015 Canadian Junior and U25 Lawn Bowls Championships, Aug 3-10 Nutana Lawn Bowling Club To register or for more info contact Rachel Larson at Larsonr@shaw.ca or 306
June 30 - The draw for Junior Singles being held this weekend at Mayfair, July 3-5 http://www.bowls.sk.ca/files/2314/3567/0861/DrawJuniors.pdf
June 29 - Over the weekend (June 27-28) teams from across the province battled for the medals in the Saskatchewan Women & Mens Triples Championships. The event was held at the Nutana Lawn Bowling Club in Saskatoon, the home for the 2015 Canadian Junior & Under 25 Champsionships (Aug3-10)
June 22 - Congratulations to the Provincial Pairs's Winners: Jean Roney and Jordan Kos Mark Sutyla and Murray Pituley
June 18 - looking for a partner for provincial playdowns? A facebook forum us set up for you to add your name to: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bowls-Saskatchewan/732190793489071#!/pages/Bowls-Saskatchewan/732190793489071?sk=app_197804576921355
June 4 -Applications are currently being received from any Bowls Sask members wishing to be considered for team coach for:
-Junior Canadian Championships being held in Saskatoon, Sask, August 3-6. Deadline for application is July 6, 2015 for Junior Championships -Canadian Championships being held in North York, Ont, August 15-23. Deadline for application is June 29, 2015 for Canadian Championships
To apply, e-mail Bowls Sask Office email@example.com with a letter outlining:
- Your qualifications (i.e., current coaching level, past experience with Bowls as a coach and or player, etc)
- Which event you are applying for.
For more info: http://www.bowls.sk.ca/files/1514/3342/7333/Team_coach.pdf
June 16 - Inside Bowls Magazine: http://www.insidebowlsmag.com/june2015/index.html?r=72June 16 - the draws for the Men's Pairs and the Women's Pairs in PDF files being held at Mayfair on June 19-21
- June 16 - The 2015 Junior & U25 Championship video from Joseph Chan (thanks!)https://drive.google.com/…/0B34FhiTydmTmcVRIYzZsMTh4V…/view
- June 16 - Congratulations to the Provincial Four winners: Michael Pituley Grant Wilkie Jonathan Pituley Alex Scott Harriette Pituley Rachel Larson Janice Robson Fran Scott
- June 8 - Nutana's video promoting their club! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B34FhiTydmTmLUNtdmdKMVdkckE/view?usp=sharing_eid&pli=1
- June 9 - the draws for the Fours: Women's draw in pdf; Men's draw in pdf Please note: -The Women's draw will start at 10:30 am to allow the Saskatoon players some travel time on Saturday morning -Due the City of Regina's water restrictions practice times will be on Friday between 4:30 and 5:30 pm and also Friday evening during the time of the one men's game being played
- June 2 - Update from the Bowls Saskatchewan AGM, held on May 30th In Craik, Sk Thank you to everyone for attending the AGM on Saturday. 22 people were in attendance with 7 clubs being represented.Freda Toffolo retired as a Board member, thank you Freda for volunteering your time. Welcome to Lorraine Layton, who has joined the Board of Directors as a Member at Large. Additionally, thank you to returning Board members: Doug Normand, Vice President and Don MacIsaac, Secretary Treasurer. Your Board of Directors for 2015 are:
President Jean Roney
Secretary Treasurer Don MacIsaac
Vice President Duncan Holness
Vice President Doug Normand
Member at Large David Calam
Member at Large Lorraine Layton
Past President Gary Laurence
- June 2 - Reminder: Deadline for registration for Men’s and Women’s Four is midnight, Monday, June 8th. If you do not have a team and would like to play, send your name into the office or post on facebook indicating you are looking for teammates.
- May 19 - Notice to the Membership: 2015 BOWLS SASKATCHEWAN ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Date: Saturday, May 30 11:00 AM Location: Craik Legion Hall
- April 23 - Meid and Friends 1st Annual Lawn Bowling Charity Fundraiser
Saturday, July 18, at 9:30am - 4:00pm
- April 8 - The Development Clinic has been revamped to one day, two locations!
- April 2 - THE LATEST NEWS FROM SASK SPORT INC - http://www.sasksport.sk.ca/SportsPage/March15.html
- March 23 - From Bowls Canada: The Canadian Fours Champions finished off strongly overseas at the 2015 Tiger Bowls World Invitation and the Tiger Bowls China Tour last week. Our Canadians started off the competition on Hong Kong where the women finished 8th out of 42 in the Cup section. The women’s team consisted of Jean Roney, Clem Grant, Jordan Kos and Carolyn Jones. The men’s team qualified for the Cup section, but struggled on day 2 play and finished out of the top placing. The men’s team consisted of Vince Mai, Kin On Lau, Clement Law and Keith Roney.The teams used what they learned in Hong Kong to dominate in Shenzhen China. They worked together as a unit and made Canadians proud. The women lost to the United States in the final and finished in second place overall, winning the silver medal. The men also improved and finished 5th in their section.Overall both teams did extremely well and have once again put Canada on the map. The players will be able to use this experience to continue to grow and continue to represent Canada to proudly.
- February 3 - Club Coach Training Workshop, May 22-23, 2015 Location: Regina Lawn Bowling Club When: Friday May 22nd 7:00pm to 9:00pm; Saturday May 23rd 9:00am to 4:30pm Cost: FREE for current members Pre-requisite for the course: Two years playing experience On completion of the workshop participants will be registered as a NCCP Trained Club Coach Registration deadline: May 8th To register contact the Bowls Sask office: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (306)780-9426
- March 12- Press Release from Bowls Canada
Canadian Fours Champions Set to Take on the World
Ottawa, Ontario | March 12, 2015
Canadian bowlers are off to a busy start in March and the action continues in Hong Kong and China. The 2014 Canadian Women’s and Men’s Fours champions will compete at the 2015 Tiger Bowls World Invitation and the Tiger Bowls China Tour March 14th to 19th.
British Columbia’s Men’s Fours team had a strong showing at the 2014 Canadian Championships in August winning all but one round robin game. The team consisting of Cary Manns, Vince Mai, Kin On Lau and Clement Law beat Alberta in the finals to win the honour of representing Canada in China. Saskatchewan’s Keith Roney, skip of the gold medal triples team at the 2014 Canadian Championships, will be filling in for Cary Manns who was unable to make the trip to Hong Kong and China due to prior commitments.
The men are up to the challenge of representing Canada and looking forward to the start of the competition. There will be some stiff opponents but the men have been training together as a unit and are prepared to play their hardest. The women representing Canada at the Tiger Bowls is team Saskatchewan. Their team included the youngest bowler at the Canadian Championships where they banned together to beat Ontario and clinch the title. The team consists of Jean Roney, Clem Grant, Jordan Kos and Carolyn Jones.
March 5 - March edition of the newsletter Extra Ends: www.bowlscanada.com
National: Harriette Pituley (Regina, SK)
Developmental: Michael Pituley (Regina, SK) Grant Wilkie (Saskatoon, SK) Jordan Kos (Regina, SK)
From the Bowls Canada website: The Development Squad is an exciting new opportunity that will not only promote the fostering of up and coming talent, but allow for a clear athlete pathway to international competition. The youngest member of this inaugural squad is Regina, Saskatchewan’s Jordan Kos. At just fourteen years of age, Kos represented Canada this past fall as a member of the North American Challenge team. “This opportunity is a dream come true”, said Kos. Kos is joined on the Development Squad by fellow Saskatchewan athletes Grant Wilkie (Saskatoon) and Michael Pituley (Regina). “Given the focus that Saskatchewan has placed on developing junior athletes, it is not surprising to see this type of representation”, stated Bowls Canada Executive Director Anna Mees. “Saskatchewan has definitely been leading the way
- January 28 - The 2015 Winter/Spring NCCP Multi-sport Competition Development schedule has been posted on the CAS website and is now open for online registrations. http://www.saskcoach.ca/NCCPCompDevScheduleSpring2015.php
- January 6, 2015 - Bowls Saskatchewan is pleased to release the 2015 Saskatchewan Playdown Schedule. Thank you to the Sport for All Committe for their work on schedule. http://www.bowls.sk.ca/index.php/calendar-of-events/